22 Mayıs 2020 Cuma

~ PADLET IN EDUCATION ~


Hello everyone! I hope you all are okay and having an amazing day! 
Today, in my blog we will be talking about Padlet which is also a very nice app to use in teaching!
To be honest, I fell in love with this application! Why? Let me explain! :)


When you first open the app, you are welcomed with your first Bookmark! It was in the ‘wall’ form when I clicked on it! From this time on, my journey with the application started! 



Padlet , as you can see in the  photo, provides you a blank page which you can use in any way you desire to use! It may be a wall or grid or shelf, map , timeline or etcetera. It gives you options to use it in a suitable way according to the various methods of teaching a lesson! In teaching a foreign language for example , you can use the ‘ wall ‘ option to firstly introduce your topic to the students in an entertaining way. In the material I tried to create I aimed to exactly do this, I also tried to give little assignments/duties to involve them in the lesson when the topic is going to be worked on in the classroom. However, this is just one of the ways to benefit from Padlet. For instance, you can use ‘Backchannel’ to create a communicative, collaborative environment through this platform which is very important for foreign language teaching!


When I opened my Wall , I firstly thought to name and design it! So , in the settings part I saw these adjustments about the material that will be provided. We - as teachers- can name, describe, give an icon, design our wall in a way that is  related to topic which will be presented to the students. I tried to keep it as esthetic as possible. 





While adding posts to your wall,  with titles and descriptions,  you can also add photos, videos, links of anything you need to you use for the topic (tests, articles, simple activities) to be understood. Then, you should click ‘save’ to make it appear! After adding all the necessary posts, your wall is going to be done which will be presenting an effective material for your students!


However, how you make it seen? Firstly, you should check the privacy setting of the material and choose how to share it with learners. They can just read, they can just write or edit the whole post! By the way, you have options to make it private, secret, public or available with a password. How nice! Since I just want to present an example with my material, I chose public/can read options! 



Overall, I should say that I really liked the app since it can be used both in and out the classroom very effectively. By using them in both of these environments we ,as teachers, can create very fun and permanent learnings for our students. I want to share my first experience on Padlet with all of you, it’s about ‘Seasons and the Suitable Clothes/Accessories/Activities’ , I designed it for 5th or 6th grade students , it can be used in the lessons for 2-3 weeks to understand and learn all the information, I think.

     I introduced seasons and asked from my students to write certain numbers of clothes/accessories we wear in each of them! I shared the photos of these clothes and accessories and wanted from them to identify/ analyze them. Lastly , I uploaded a very informative, easy to understand video to show them the activities that take place in each season. Here is the whole product: https://padlet.com/zineberfinonel/Bookmarks

I hope you liked it. Good bye!



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder