23 Mayıs 2020 Cumartesi

STORYBIRD: TEACHING & LEARNING WITH FUN STORIES


Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog!
I hope you all are okay and having an amazing day!
   Today  we ,as teacher, will examine the Storybird app/website. It may be very useful to use it in and out the classrooms! 
      First of all I would like to say it’s a paid application and free trial doesn’t very acquire a lot of options to see the app in detail, however in the website form it is available to do more (e.g. writing a story). If you and your students can be able to afford the necessary payments of this helpful platform, you won’t regret it for sure. Let’s see the reasons! 

 Firstly, this application provides a lot of instructional books from which students of any grade can benefit. For example in the story ‘It’s Okay to be Circle’ , auther introduces us the name of the shapes from circle to hearts! It may be very nice to share it with students who are learning English! There are not just Picture Books like these but Longform Stories , Comics, Flash Fictions and Poetries are presented as well! All of them are pretty educational in terms of appealing to students vocabulary knowledge, visuality, creativity -since they can prepare stories individually or collaboratively. 


Since we as teacher sign up with our teacher identity, we have the opportunity to create classes, determine the grade and share materials accordingly. 







 Also, in challenge part, learners may be better writes with all the lessons , quizzes , video tutorials that are created in this platform! 





While trying to write a story for your students you can see a lot artistic works, drawings from other talented people to get help to visualize tour story. There are very nice, beautiful pictures ! I personally got the drawings of the artist named ‘bluedogrose’ in the Storybird. He or she is absolutely amazing at this!



   In the story I created , the adventure of a rabbit called Gamey is told. I tried to be a little didactic while being also instructional. I did not specifically focused on a certain topic but I made some verbs bold. I ,kind of, aimed to improve and make them practice their vocabulary knowledge. The result was a 14 paged picture book. Since I used a free trial, the link of it is not properly working. Therefore, I am adding my material here! I hope you liked it!

HERE IS THE STORY THAT I CREATED FOR MY STUDENTS:











  


Thank you so much, see you in another post, hopefully! Bye <3 






Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder