15 Mayıs 2020 Cuma

PIXTON.COM / EDUCATION WITH COMICS: Create, learn, have fun..! Part 2

Hello everyone! 
Welcome to my blog. I hope you all are okay. 
Today in my blog, I want to talk to you about Pixton which is another educational tool that might be very helpful to use with your students. 

When you first open the page of Pixton , you’re welcomed with this page that asks if you’re an educator, student, parent or businessman. Surely, as we will be talking in this post, I’ve chosen ‘for educators’ option and got started!

Then, a really fun part is expecting you, creating your own avatar. From hair , lip shape, color to dress, position..! I ,for example, here tried to have the image of a teacher I always wanted to be. A simple, lovely and friendly teacher. 


Then, the platform wanted from me to name my class. In here, you can add as many classes as you need to divide your students and control their actions. Since my branch is foreign language teaching , I named my class English. Then I chose 5th grade students. 

After creating your class, your students also should be signed in this platform for you to add them to their own classes! What’s next? Let’s see.


In Pixton, when you just start to use it, there are 3 examples of comics like which you , your students or two of the parties will and can create. This is actually pretty helpful to make the application more user friendly. After examining the examples and reading the articles that were written to help us make our own comics, you got ready to practice!



 Here you can see my first comic that I just tried. While preparing I thought, actually with the help of comics you can be both very creative and have fun while learning! Such a blessing!
There are many options for backgrounds, avatars, chat bubbles or so on to make an effective and helpful comic which will be informative for students.
They can also create their own comics!


        In my own little comic I just made up to discover the app, I tried to teach some adjective vocabulary like tidy, untidy. However, this should be in a story form to make it a more educational material , also an easier material to understand. Again, students can do the same things to comprehend the lessons , topics!


Here’s the whole product of mine with Pixton:

    So, Pixton is a different and definitely nice way of teaching your students and making their knowledge about the language more permanent and understandable. Especially, when you buy a subscription that comes with so much more options to create avatars and backgrounds. 

I hope you’ll like it if you have the chance to use it. Take care!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder